Product Description & Reviews
The new sealed box SB16-Ultra subwoofer is the culmination of all SVS engineering advancements and is packed with innovations that establish the SB16-Ultra Subwoofer as the reference standard for bass. The SVS Ultra 16-inch driver features a record 8-inch edge wound voice coil, the largest ever deployed in a consumer subwoofer. The massive voice coil girth allows the amplifier to exert complete control over the 16-inch driver and remain accurate and distortion-free with pinpoint speed in transients, even at reference playback levels. Pushing the driver and motor assembly with effortless power is a conservatively rated 1,500 watts continuous, 5,000+ watts peak power Sledge STA-1500D amplifier with fully discrete MOSFET output. Discrete MOSFET output unbridles the nearly limitless power in the Sledge amplifier and pushes the 16" driver to extreme levels of performance.Delivering unprecedented control is a new bass management smartphone app for Apple® and Android® devices. The powerful 16-Ultra app controls polarity, room gain, phase alignment, parametric EQ and other DSP functions, and conveniently stores custom presets. It's the easiest way to fine tune bass down to 16Hz and below from any seat in the house.
Features & Highlights
- The SB16-Ultra is the most powerful and sophisticated sealed box subwoofer SVS has ever developed and touts all new driver, amplifier and control platforms along with several radical innovations designed to establish the SB16-Ultra subwoofer as the ultimate reference standard for bass.
- Massive all new 16" ultra driver with unprecedented 8" edge wound voice coil ensures astonishing output and low frequency extension with pinpoint accuracy and speed in transients.
- Stunningly powerful, new Sledge 1500-D Amplifier with fully discrete MOSFET Output and 1,500 Watts Continuous, 5,000+ Watts Peak Power delivers effortless and intelligent power with nary a trace of distortion.
- Groundbreaking new subwoofer control and bass management smartphone app for Apple® and Android® controls all DSP functions and conveniently stores custom presets.
- Double thick MDF front baffle and optimized cabinet bracing make the SB16-Ultra sonically inert and resonant free for neutral and uncolored acoustic output. The large font front display is expertly imbedded in a hand machined front chamfer that angles the display for optimal viewing.
|Color:||Piano Gloss Black - Single|
|Model:||SB16-Ultra Piano Gloss|
|Part Number:||SB16-Ultra Piano Gloss|
|MPN:||SB16-Ultra Piano Gloss|
|Package Weight:||140 pounds|
|Package Size:||26 x 25.5 x 25.5 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.