Product Description & Reviews
A center speaker has a challenging part to play. It has to be a soloist-delivering clear and natural dialogue. And in a split second it has to step back and be part of the back up band-melding with the ambiance of the environment they are creating. The Prime Center delivers both these demanding parts in world-class precision with its 1" aluminum dome tweeter, dedicated and independently sealed 3.5" midrange driver and dual 5.25" woofers - a true three way design, a rarity for center speakers in its price class. Voicing is neutral and natural, bringing dialogue and vocals forward just enough to be clear and intelligible. Yet, when called on to play its part in transitions-like a jet fighter soaring across the sky from left rear channel to front right-it blends in to create a smooth, realistic transition. Elegantly styled like its Prime siblings, the Center will look beautiful in any listening environment. Superior Technology and Design - Amazing Sound and Performance Borrowing liberally from the flagship Ultra Center, the Prime Center channel features a true 3-way center channel with a vertically-aligned tweeter and midrange driver. This eliminates comb filtering and lobing in the horizontal axis - resulting in crystal clear dialogue at all listening positions in the room. Now everyone will have a 'sweet spot' and won't have to strain to hear dialogue. The dual 5.25" woofers deliver a full and rich sound, doing full justice to deep male voices and delivering plenty of punch on special effects. And to make sure those beefy woofers can't modulate the delicate and critical midrange frequencies, the midrange driver is mounted in its own dedicated and completely sealed compartment. Available in premium-grade piano gloss black or handsome black ash finish, the Prime Center is handsomely styled and tells the world you're serious about high performance home theater.
Features & Highlights
- The 1" aluminum dome tweeter utilizes an FEA-optimized diffuser which delivers a very open 'airy' presentation and extremely unveiled highs.
- The dedicated 3.5" midrange driver delivers natural, smooth and clear vocals and features a polypropylene cone, a vented voice coil former, and unique all-new cast ABS-fiberglass-carbon composite basket for precise component alignment.
- Dual 5.25" woofers punch out the bass with a long-stroke suspension and rugged motor, a polypropylene cone, an aluminum shorting ring for reduced distortion, a vented voice coil former, and unique all-new cast ABS-fiberglass-carbon composite basket for precise component alignment.
- Our exclusive SoundMatch 3-way crossover ensure a smooth transition between all drivers for a seamless presentation and effortless projection into the room both on and off-axis.
- Courtesy of premium-grade capacitors, air-core inductors and heavy-trace printed circuit boards.
|Item Weight:||20.2 pounds|
|Item Size:||9.2 x 7 x 7 inches|
|Package Weight:||23.1 pounds|
|Package Size:||13.6 x 12.2 x 12.2 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.